Sponge Cake Recipe – Recipe for Sponge Cake | How to Make Sponge Cake
Here is how to arrive at the sleek’s sponge cake.
• Margarine- 200g.
• Egg-5 medium.
• Baking powder – two level teaspoons
• Preservative – 1/8 level teaspoon
• Flavor – vanilla and butter scotch
• Powdered milk
Equipment for Sponge Cake Recipe
An oven with good heating capacity
Electronic hand mixer
Wooden spoon, knife or a long toothpick
As well as an apron
Procedure for Sponge Cake Recipe
Cream butter and sugar using a mixer or with a wooden spoon by hand until mixture is creamy and lighter.
• Add preservative, and baking powder into flour and sieve into a dry bowl whisking with a hand whisk.
• Whisk the eggs into a separate bowl
• Add milk to water, mix to blend with the hand whisk.
• Add ½ of the whisked egg into the creamed mixture and mix using the hand electronic mixer.
• Then add 1\2 mixture of flour, preservative and baking powder into the creamed mixture.
• Mix with the hand using a wooden spoon.
• Pour out into a bowl.
• Add the milk and water solution, folding in gradually, add the rest of the egg, then add the remaining part of the flour in bits, mixing gradually into a batter and pour into a well-greased pan (a pan spread with little butter and flour all round). The pan can also be lined with baking paper.
• Bake in a moderately hot oven, slightly hot for about 30-45mins, 1hr, depending on cake size.
• When top middle of cake has a bouncy feel, test by dipping in a sharp object like a knife through middle, it comes out clean, then its set. place on a wire rack to cool.
• Turn to a baking board or serving plate.