There might be a good reason for you wanting to change your Facebook name or username. Lots of persons have tried changing their name on Facebook but they couldn’t because they don’t know how it is been done.
Here in this article, we will be showing the easiest way to change or edit your name on Facebook. But before let’s take a look at why some persons decide to change their name on Facebook, and just may your reason for wanting to change your name on Facebook might be here.
Reasons why people change their name on Facebook.
You never can tell what might be the actual reason for Facebook users changing their name on Facebook basically from the little observation you might just know why they have to do that.
Below are some basic reasons;
- Some persons change their Facebook name due to wrong spelling and then they have to correct it.
- This could also be for the course of marriage. So when people get married then they just have to change their name.
- Another reason why people will want to change their names is to abandon their nicknames for real names.
How to Change my Name on Facebook
follow the steps to quickly edit/ change your profile name on your Facebook account:
- sign in to your account using your login details on m.facebook.com
- Click the Hamburger menu. It is located at the top right side of your Facebook account.
- Move the page up and click “settings”
- Click “Personal Information”
- Tap “Name”
- Once done, enter your name and click “Review changes.”
- Provide your correct password and save the changes.
How to Change my Name on Facebook Via PC
Check out the guides below:
- Enter www.facebook.com on your browser.
- At the top right corner of Facebook, click the “downward-facing arrow”
- Click “Settings & privacy,” and then tap “Settings.”
- A new page should bearing the name, “General Account Settings”. Click “Edit” close to your names.
- Enter your first name and surname. The middle name is optional.
- Click “Review Changes” and choose how you want the name to appear.
- Provide your password and click “Save changes” to validate the action.
Why Cant I change or edit my name on Facebook
If you are not able to make changes to your name on your Fb account, it is probably because you have gone against the policy and which may attract a severe sentence at times depending on nature.
Facebook is a huge social media platform where clients are relied upon to pass by their names, yet never is by all accounts the case for a few. The online media goliath anticipates that you should utilize the genuine name you are called by loved ones. They dislike the pantomime of anybody or in any event, anything. A ton of records have been prohibited because of this explanation alone. This may not mean a lot now until you fail to keep a grip for yourself and you are approached to give a substantial ID card bearing your username.
There are also other guidelines for Facebook users. Your Facebook name should bear no symbols, numbers, random words, characters from different languages, titles, and suggestive words used as a name, Users also are not allowed to make use of characters.