Delete Facebook Account on Mobile – Over the years, Facebook has quite a lot of issues especially the privacy and security aspect creating fear and insecurity among users.
Facebook is by far one of the best social media platforms and has been developing features to build back it’s user’s trust but trust is quite hard to gain once lost.
So if you do see deleting your Facebook account as the way to get away from Facebook, below are the steps but I’d advise you to deactivate your account first and think about it.
Deactivating a Facebook Account | Delete Facebook Account on Mobile
This is like temporarily deleting your account until you decide to reactivate your account, you literally go off-grid on Facebook
- Open your Facebook account and click on the three-line menu at the top right corner of your Facebook account.
- Click on “Settings and Privacy”, from the extension select “Settings” towards the bottom of the menu page and select “Personal Information”.
- Click on “Deactivation and Deletion” and proceed to choose “Deactivate Account”.
- Click on “Account Deactivation” and confirm that you own the account.
- To reactivate your account, all you need do is log-in back to your account using your Facebook log-in details.
You still keen on Delete Facebook Account on Mobile, follow these easy steps
Deleting a Facebook Account
- Log in to your Facebook account through the mobile application and tap on the three-line menu at the top right corner of the page.
- Tap on “Settings and Privacy” and select “Settings” from the extension towards the bottom of the menu page.
- Scroll down and tap on “Account Ownership and Control” and select “Deactivation and Deletion”.
- Choose “Delete Account” and tap on “Continue to Account Deletion”
- Tap “Delete Account”.
Permanently Leaving Facebook and Saving Files
You could also decide to delete the Facebook mobile application from your device to severe or kill all intention of reconnecting your ties with Facebook. If the application came with your device, go to your device settings and disable the application then uninstall it from your device.
You could also download your data from Facebook to keep as memories before deleting your account,
- Go to the same three-line menu and follow the same process until you get to “Settings”.
- Scroll down and click on “Download your Information”.
- By default it’s meant to download all, so select the ones you want and don’t want and tap on “Create a File” to finish up.