Facebook Pay App – Facebook shouldn’t be termed a social media site anymore because of the lot of features and tools it amasses for users. Now there is a Facebook pay feature that works almost like any banking app.
The Facebook pay app is the new trending tool among others on Facebook designed to help payment issues involving money easier for the Facebook community. Introduced in late 2019, this payment platform has a lot of functions and this guide will put you through all.
Facebook Pay Main Features
Facebook pay basically serves two purposes, payment or transfer, and to buy things online. It is also well integrated with other Facebook-owned social networks. This is in the likes of Instagram, Messenger, and WhatsApp.
This implies you could now buy things easily on Facebook Marketplace or run Facebook ads payment without stress. You could also buy things on Instagram, send and receive money on Facebook Messenger or WhatsApp, and so on.
Speaking of things Facebook pay app is integrated into, it’s also integrated into the Facebook app This implies that the Facebook pay feature can be found in the Facebook app. Once you find it, setting it up is simple and fast.
A secure payment platform that guarantees your money’s safety online with features such as fraud detection, personalized pin, advanced data storage, and encryption tools, biometrics protection, and so on.
How to Use Facebook Pay App
Do note that to use this feature on Facebook you have to create or have a Facebook account unlike using the Facebook Messenger Rooms. The Facebook pay app has not seen full roll out to other Facebook-owned social network services, so until then you must create a Facebook account to use this feature on Facebook.
Update the Facebook app on your device and open it or visit Facebook via its website. The easiest way to access this tool will be to start a conversation with someone on Facebook Messenger.
- On the chat page, click on the “+” icon. On mobile devices click on the “Arrow” or “three dots” icon.
- Select the “Green Payment Icon” or “Pay Friend” if you are using a mobile device to start.
- Enter an amount and select whether to “Pay” in which case you are the one sending or “Request” implying you are on the receiving end here.
If it’s your first time using Facebook pay app, you would have to set up your payment info.
- Choose whether to “ADD DEBIT CARD” or “ADD PAYPAL”. Note that you can only select a debit card at this point if you are using a PC or computer.
- If you choose PAYPAL, you would have to pick which payment method from your Paypal account you would like to make use of.